Monday, May 2, 2022

OVERDRIVE- VOLTA Black Tweed Plus ___ NEW ___ TwoFenders-in-a-Box

VOLTA 
BLACK TWEED PLUS 
$265.00 USD
Yes an Amp-in-a-Box. I have said it before but it needed repeating. 
Take Fenders cleanest amp the Twin Reverb and put a MIAB pedal in front and you get a convincing Marshall sound. Take the best Fender-in-a-Box put it thru a Marshall and you get a WTF!!! 
Take a Twin and put a Tweed-in-a box or a Black face and you know have 3 killer Fender sounds! Or to put another way your amp must be able to get a damn clean, clean sound or the Fender sounding OD's are just another OD. They may sound good to you and that's cool but you need to know what's, what. 
The layout is self explanatory. You get the two pedals in the box Each have 3 voices with different gains and you can use them together or as two separate channels.
CONCLUSION
In the 60's I owned both a Super Reverb black face and Twin Reverb Amp.
The clean on both was excellent but for my music the minute I wanted dirt a Fuzz got kicked on. In the 70's I moved to Brit and got converted to the Plexi, lol. So I like what I hear from Volta but not being a real Fender guy I can not say I would pick this over another makers version if the goal was to get a dead accurate interpretation of the real amps.
The original model the Black Tweed uses just the stock voices. I included it for comparison. I find both raw and mid boost makes the 'Plus' pedal muddy. Stacking the two sides is just plain weird let alone muddy. On the other hand the original Black Tweed sounds very good. Cheaper too.
If you need some boost just do what they have done for years and use a Tube Screamer for your boost. The Caline Emerald Night is a ts9 knock off. Side by each with the Ibanez ...'same' !!!!  $35.00 USD.

$215.00 USD

No comments:

Post a Comment