Wednesday, May 11, 2022

OVERDRIVE JCA AUDIO TEXAS FLOOD .... SRV pedal ... impressive !!!!

 JCA AUDIO TEXAS FLOOD
$200.00 USD

Nothing new in the idea but I tried a few and they were crap. In fact Cast
Engineering have been selling one with the same name since 2014. This one is made in Germany by Jahn Custom audio since 2017 but it was only on a very poor in house video. Today 'Buddy Blues' who fronts his own Blues band showed off the pedal using a Strat/Fender combination that 
demoed the pedal in a reasonable context.
CONCLUSION
I found the pedal just a tad raspy if pushed but 2 other demos were the opposite. They were mellow to the point of muddy and balzless.That said it is the best SRV pedal I have ever heard. The price is reasonable but you have get it straight from Germany. Any time I did that shipping was really pricey and import duties came with the bill too. Depending on the country if it adds another 30% do not be surprised. 
Even shipping to the US is $60.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mr Ewing, thanks for the review. I wondered have you heard the Texas twang by pedal pawn?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for the heads up :-)
    I might have missed it but I reviewed the Texas Twang in Nov 2020. It is very similar to the JCA is pushed. The thing is the JCA sounds totally amp like when the gain is lower. That is problem with nearly all these kind of pedals. If you want a less than the tear your face off sound you usually can't get it. On the Buddy Blues review he played very laid back at the beginning and with a lower gain setting and it sounded like the 'real deal'. That said it isn't a Fuzz where if it sounds like a '10' and you get a '9' it's OK. SRV was all about tone, much more so than many players that endlessly changing gear and went for a different sound and even different music. In short small things matter. As for the JCA I will sit on it. At the moment my Browne Carbon (Bluesbreaker) pedal gives me the first Strat sound I have ever liked. Super chimey even on the 'A' and low 'E' strings.
    Once again thanx for the heads up. We're all in this together and the sharing really helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply Mr Ewing. Really appreciate it. I wonder one day, if you have the time, you might consider putting a top ten pedals list. Something like your favourite fuzz, favourite reverb etc?
    I'm sure your followers would appreciate it.
    Anyway, thanks for the work you do.

    ReplyDelete