Tuesday, May 31, 2022

FUZZ-SolidGoldFX MK II If 6 was 9 ___ NEW ___ one Fuzz to do it all ??? ...probably this

SolidGoldFX 
 IF 6 WAS 9 MK II  

$200.00 USD
It was 10 years ago when SG.FX sprung on the scene with their Fuzz pedals and made one success after another. 
Hendrix used every model of Fuzz Face and modded most. The secret sauce is using a BC183  transistor. It was the only Fuzz Face Hendrix in his final year used
and left stock.
What you get with 6 was 9 is a classic Fuzz Face with a big ass and a bigger attitude.
You get volume, Fuzz a switch for Body and a comp control and the much needed 
BIAS so you can dial in how much growl and control over the voltage so 
you can starve the pedal if you want the near octave pedal total spit and sputter.
CONCLUSION
The bottom line there is next to nothing that everything from a Doom Fuzz to a Muff to a high gain Metal OD that this couldn't sub for and do it with all the sustain, balz and 
punch you need to blow out the back wall of a club, lol.
This definitely has a big WOW!!! factor. Both videos prove that with ease!
The price was wisely chosen to keep it from going past that number that 
you think...Wait a minute!!!


the fine print
Is it even a Fuzz Face any more? I have one and I would say no.
To be honest if I had the 6 was 8 it would get used a lot more than
any authentic F.F.  I do not in any way emulate Hendrix
From when I was about 20 I only wanted to sound like me. 
Hendrix is great because he sounds like Hendrix. I can only be
great if I sound like me. I may never be considered great but 
like everyone who ever was great they created a musical 'painting'
not a musical 'photograph'

No comments:

Post a Comment