Thursday, February 6, 2020

__WHAT YOU MISSED FEBRUARY 2020



> > > CHECK IT OUT!


DSM NOISEMAKER DRIVE MAKER
This not a Heavy Metal pedal. 
This pedal is a Heavy Plutonium pedal! Seriously you just have to hear it!!!

TWINOTE Pi FUZZ
It's not ...It is a re-branded NUX HIGH GAIN DISTORTION ...It sounds damn close to a Wampler Pinnacle.
It is costs $20.00 USD with free shipping ..I can not believe I am going to say it is a Killer ...BUT IT IS!!!

TONE CONCEPTS GOO DISTORTION
There is awaiting list for this pedal since 2006. Yes I am on it. lol It is unique. For a start the sustain is killer!!!

LIGHLAERM ALTER FUZZ DISTORTION
It is a huge sounding Fuzz with a Mosfet OD and a Boost all in one unit. It is a Metal Demolition Machine In a Box!!!
Did you know that every single day in the year a new Metal album is released!!!! You got to set yourself apart. This one great way to do it.!!!!

GARLAND PINK DRIVE
The warmest OD you may have ever heard. Fat, round, warm, and lush. Hand made in Houston TX and on sale now for $75.00 USD. Nice ...very nice!!!

ALEXANDER PEDALS HOT PINK DRIVE
W.T.F. Have we 2 pedals with similar names and similar sounds with mid boosts and ...and ...and ...lol

LICHTLAERM AUDIO GEHENNA
This is a Metal OD of the REVV type. It is definitely one of the worlds best!!!! It is my fav of the top 10. In short KILLER!!!!

THE PEDAL MOVIE
You MUST check out this Post! If we all check it out then next summer we could be watching a movie about pedals and the guys that make them!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paul!!I`m glad all is well with your health!!I wish you many years and happy ones!!What do you think about the Turbo Nonna vs LPD 1968 or 1987?Please review the Victory V4 preamps!!I have the Countess and i`m really happy!!
    ALl the best to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I had I was disappointed with the reviews because they did not sound as good as many inexpensive OD pedals and since the amps are so damn good I did not want to dis them out of hand.
      I will look at it again though as I put a lot of store in guys like you. Thanx for writing very few do.
      I find it odd they don't. I have done over 1000 reviews. at least 600+ are OD's So if you buy an OD you have a 600 to one chance of picking the best one for you. I have 25 I use daily. Check my other blog 'Second Best Guitar on the Planet' I have spent 8 years on a project to design and make my own brand of guitars. My ideas are are original without being weird. I even had 2 old timers from the Gibson Kalamazoo plant help me.They were working at Gibson in the 50s and basically told me what works and what is total bull sh@t that the big company's want you to believe. in short a guitar that'sounded' but did not look like a 50's LP could be made and sold for under $1000.00 USD.Yes with the big company's you are paying for prestige but you are also paying for cosmetics. Binding and triple A hand select tone wood is expensive and it sounds the same as standard grade A.Anyhow read the blog it is good to know what makes a great sound when you choose your next guitar no matter what you find has your interest.

      Delete
  2. Hey Paul, Good to hear you are well, no one does it better, in fact thanks for the tip on Alex K, now it looks like a nona is on its way. Once again best of health to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys! decent of you guys to give me a thumbs up. The thing with Lawrence is he picks one real Marshall and nails it. I love the LPD pedals for that and I use them where they fit. The big deal with the Turbo Nonna is although it is a very Marshall sounding it is ridiculously versatile. If you loved low gain you could get a great sound and use the pedal just for that ..or a mid gain or a high gain ...It has the best sustain of any OD on my board ...all 25 of them! My fav LPD is the 74 ...the detail in the tone is to die for. I find the 68 a bit too light and the 87 is actually quite harsh which on vids is masked by guys running their amp with some crunch not running it clean. So I stack the 87 on something like the 68 but run my amp clean.I will never part with my LPD's or my PedalPal FX pedals. (all 3 of them) Bottom line all these pedals are exceptional ..at this quality I am just lint picking them. lol The safest recommendation though is the Nonna as there is a sound in for anyone playing any style you just dial it in.One last thing if you are going to get the Nonna wait a couple of days as TnT are going to do a discount for SBS buyers but I have not got the code yet. Fabio will have his ducks in order by tomorrow.He is like Lawrence a great guy!!!

    ReplyDelete