Friday, June 5, 2020

OVERDRIVE- KING TONE -The Soloist ...half a Duelist!

 KING TONE THE SOLOISTS OD 
$265.00 USD
In Red or Black



This is the 'A' side of there popular Duelist. Which is a highly modded Tube Screamer. Except for the ts chip/ OpAmp nothing else is the same.
The layout is gain, volume, and tone. An extra pot gives body which fattens the tone. A toggle gives you edge and glass which are both high end sweeteners. There is a very wide sweep of gain and enough volume to use the pedal as a boost.




CONCLUSION
The Duelist is always on a waiting list. Not a long one but it shows you just how popular it is.
My point is with the Soloist at $265.00 USD it is not a big reach to get the Duelist at  $350.00 USD. Worth thinking over. As for myself  I find that I tend to as much as possibly leave a pedal set for the night. There are a lot of options on this pedal I would be paying for but would not use, I can get two great OD's for $350.00 USD so I would rather go that route.

No comments:

Post a Comment