Tuesday, June 9, 2020

OVERDRIVE- BOG JOE R-401 Saturated ...unbelievable sustain and definition!!! Shredder King!

$180.00 USD
 BIG JOE R-401 SATURATED OD 
As usual Big Joe makes another OD and like most of their OD's it is never about truly nailing a classic amp sound but is all about just making a cool sounding OD. In this case they took the Marshall on 10 idea of the transformer 
running out of headroom and compressing the crap out of the sound.
The thing is not even a Marshall on 10 gets as total  slammed as this! LOL
A simple setup of gain, tone and level with a boost switch.
CONCLUSION
It takes some serious dialing in and tweaking
but once you hit the sweet spot ...look out!!!
Talk about a wall of sound!
After a few seconds of this and you are thinking  ...W.T.F. !!!

On the video go to 24:00. 
The perfect demo of what this sucker 
can really do!!!
HEADS UP
June 17/20
So I just got the pedal. Let me put this way... 
if there was a fire and I could only grab one pedal I would grab the Saturated. Why? First it has endless sustain. It is fat and thick and no matter how much gain you use every note has as much definition as playing clean. I would not want to but if I had to get by with just one pedal this would have to be it.

What about the tone? You can dial in a deep throaty that is very, very pleasing. I am sure the 'Joe' uses clipping diodes and perhaps a little nit of Fuzz like design. My Lawrence Petross pedals, my Tech N Tone and my PedalPalFx all have a richer tone but they are pure Plexi MOSFET pedals. 
None of the others have endless sustain or the perfect definition as the Saturated and nothing shreds better. Period
I is the kind of pedal that when other players hear it the first thing going thru their head will be W.T.F!!!! ...Are you playing!!!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment