Friday, June 5, 2020

OVERDRIVE- OODFELLOW FX Bishop OD ...a light to medium gain ...great tone

$165.00 USD
 OODFELLOW FX BISHOP OD 
A relatively new company that is well under the radar
Working with Scotty Smith from Pro Analog Devices they produced a medium gain OD with the emphasis on dynamics and transparency. 
It is simple setup of volume, gain and treble. You can run at either 9v or 18v. for more headroom.
CONCLUSION
Even at 9v it has a lot of headroom. It's lack of low end will fit in the mix especially if you are working with a second guitarist or keyboard player. I have no criticism with response or tone. I could use it on many of my tunes. BUT? It I am in a power trio and I play the fattest Plexi -in-Box or even a Fuzz and only switch to something like this if a tune or more often part of a tune where I might flat pick or there intricate bits that too much dirt will smother.

Pedals like the Tech n Tone Mamma Drive (which I regard as killer) will cover what this does but you can push it into some serious crunch. It is only $135.00 USD so check out the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment