Friday, January 10, 2020

OVERDRIVE-JHS PG-14 ..the best OD that good ol' Josh Scott has ever made!!!

$200.00 USD
 JHS PG-14 OD 
This pedal was designed for Paul Gilbert. It is all about getting
not just the sound but the response from your touch that you
only get and feel with an amp at high volumes.
The tone is in general very full, creamy and warm.

The layout is Volume and Tone then it has a separate Mid control and a Mid frequency sweep. Finally Drive and Push which gives you a whole amp like control were you can OD pre or post.
I have theThermion Heatbreaker which does the pre and post and this idea really works. If you keep your pre down and power amp up you get the 'clean' Hendrix sound.
The Heartbreaker is a much more bright and sparkling sound. The PG-14 is as noted very thick and creamy. I love the idea of both!!!


CONCLUSION
It is hard to tell if I like it?  lol
Lately JHS has brought only things that 'work'!!!!
The flash is secondary. I have 68 pedals that I am
not going to sell that I kept because 'they' work!
I have 40 more that my sorry ass should have put on Reverb.
__This looks like a 'KEEPER.' ....thank you Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment