Tuesday, January 21, 2020

GUITAR- JONHSTON JG-TR3 ...a great candidate for slide guitar and anything funky.

JOHNSTON JG-TR3 TRAILBLAZER

It is technically a travel guitar made by Johnston who have been around since 1981. Happy to sell to mostly the southwest U.S. to players into all styles of Americana.
The scale is 24 1/2" not a dumbed down little travel guitar scale but the standard Gibson scale. It has a mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard with medium Jumbo frets. The body is white wood mostly used for organs. It has a Spruce top. The tuners are serviceable. At the price there is nothing fancy but Johnston have a good rep for their build quality. They have a 5 Star rating with buyers.
My idea is to put a magnetic sound hole PU in it and throw on a set of electric guitar strings. I would treat it a more like it was a semi. The small body should help keep any feedback in check.
I love the funky look ...It reminds me of a few overly thin parlor guitars Blues players used in the 1920's. At a gig I know my audience will love it.


$150.00 USD

No comments:

Post a Comment