Wednesday, May 24, 2023

OVERDRIVE- WINNIPEG ELECTRICAL COMPANY Homework Series Distortion ...a Rat?

WINNIPEG ELECTRICAL COMPANY
 Homework Series Distortion 
$105.00 USD

I have no idea who this guy is. I saw the Video presented on the sidebar so I gave it a click. I tacked it down to a site with 4 pedals.
It appears we have another Rat. One of the first of the OpAmp in this case it is an OP07. The Rat is a hardclipper pedal. 
It has the usual Distortion, Tone/low pass filter and volume of a Rat II but a switch gives us the trusty LED that gives you a Turbo Rat sound. A 3rd click is just the OpAmp wide open.
CONCLUSION
It has a lot of great nasty sounds. Is it the best Rat? Well they are all good Hardclipper pedals. Some are very Nasty Rat like and others try to turn them into a Tube Screamer and fail to give you either. I have owned many and have settled on a the classic Rat II with no frills still in the funny lump of a box. Zero complaints. It ain't broke so I do not need someone's idea of how to fix it. Now in spite of my attitude this does 
indeed have good does of the big nasties.

No comments:

Post a Comment