Monday, May 15, 2023

FUZZ-AXCESS by GIANNINI FZ-110 Fuzz ... a Muff Triangle clone? I think so ___$35.00 USD

AXCESS by GIANNINI|
FZ-110 FUZZ
$35.00 USD
@ Only Pedals
Giannini started making pedals in Brazil's in 1979. Axcess are their budget pedals.
Good designers = good design even if cheap.
The pedal has a classic Fuzz layout of level, tone and gain. It a silicon Fuzz that is more than likely a Big Muff. My ear hears a sound not unlike the 'Triangle' with it's 
OD type vibe. So it is very tight and early Metal sounding.
CONCLUSION
It is a steal!!! I have one.  
When I got it I dialed it into a good sound and started playing a new tune I have been working  on, An hour later I stopped. I was meaning to check out the pedal and listen acutely at its sound etc. so I could review it, LOL
Well F. more reviews I need to get going 
and attach it to my board, lol It's a keeper.

1979 Poster
the fine print
Brazil is 2/3 the size of the U.S. both in size and population. A lot of cool world class gear is made there but does not find its way north.
Only Pedals has these pedals.
I found the site but by trying to track down hard to get really cool pedals from literally all over the planet. I was expecting to pay a premium to get things there because of the rare and hard to find sh@t is never cheap.
WRONG! Almost never. LOL

 

3 comments:

  1. There was a time when Giannini was all that existed here in Brazil. Some Brazilian artists of the 70's tell stories that at the beginning of their musical careers they dismantled TV sets to take out components to assemble pedals by hand. Only after Giannini entered the scene was it possible to have something without having to import it from England. But I suspect guitarists played better back then. I remember a friend who bought pedals from a guy older than him, it was a Colorsound Wah, a Fender Blender and a Giannini Phaser and it was all his "board" back then, and a Giannini guitar copy of a Gibson SG with a Bigsby trem. Good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty safe bet! A lot of those 79 pedals look to be at least "inspired" by EHX, if not out right clones!

    ReplyDelete