Monday, May 1, 2023

FUZZ- HYLIGHT ELECTRONICS MKI, MkII and GenX MkI ... Tone Bender festival

HYLIGHT ELECTRONICS MKI &  MK II & GenX MK I 
Basically all 3 Fuzz pedals are Tone Benders with the original spec NOS germanium transistors the GenX is a 1.5 model better known as a Fuzz Face. The MkI and GenX have OC81 transistors, the Mk II has OC75.
All give you gain and volume and the GenX gives you some EQ.
CONCLUSION
If anyone of them sounds better than My Solid Gold FX Mk II ...If 6 was 9 Fuzz I can't hear it. The 'Gold' is $200.00 USD. With it I get control of both the BIAS and the voltage.
I am sure if I sat in a very quiet room and listen very carefully I might hear some sonic icing on the Fuzz cake that these might have. But I play in a band or record with a band. But if the old transistors in them are having a bad day which they will. I may just only a totally thin nasally crap sound or have a volume drop or indeed they may shut down.

Why pay near $500 to have the damn things ruining my day, session or gig???



No comments:

Post a Comment