Wednesday, March 11, 2020

PREAMP/OD- ELECTRO HARMONIX-Analogizer ...under the radar ...amp tone magic!!!

ELECTRO HARMONIX ANALOGIZER
$72.00 USD
I almost do not know where to start.
In 2014 EH brought out this pedal to warm up digital FX especially digital delays. It works but most guys will just get an analog delay. lol

So why am I bothering with it ?
Well first if like me you either have an amp that is to harsh, thin or tinny sounding especially when forced to play at low volumes.
It can really warm it up without creating any mud.They give you a blend control that brings in some straight clean sound that nicely returns the attack of your note that gives you as much definition as you want.
Cranked it is a great low gain drive because it is fat without any fizz or hash. I like a clean sound just shy of crunch and this the ONLY pedal that can do it without artifacts.

The layout is Volume, Gain, Blend and Spread. Spread gives the sound girth. It removes all than thin tinny thin metallic sound you get a low volumes.

GO to 3:55 on the video to hear what I am talking about

          *  *  *
CONCLUSION
I have just ordered an ir box that if nothing else I can use from my pedal board to the sound system in the event that my amp dies at a gig. Having this just before the board could really sweeten it up, There are a few tunes I play clean. Actually I go thru a Tube Screamer type pedal with gain as low as I can get it but this hits me as much,much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment