Wednesday, March 11, 2020

CAB SIMULATOR -SHIFTLINE A+ CabZone LT ...a MUST READ if you have a Combo amp

 || SHIFT TIME A+ CABZONE LE || 
First things first! This is a speaker emulator.
If you play live the worst nightmare is
$100.00 USD
having your amplifier die!!!
This very high quality box will let you send your pedal board out to the PA with a sound that is probably better than your amp. LOL
If you play or rely on a clean sound you will need a
pedal preamp on your board.
Check out the Post on the Electro- Harmonix Analogizer it can give you an a very good clean sound.

BETTER STILL ???
I had plans to get a Strymon Iridium to my arsenal
but that is definitely not happening for some time
do to unexpected financial things.
OK now to my unusual idea. 
I have Plexi that thru a half stack is killer.
 BUT It is going thru a very small single !2' speaker cab. I got the idea if I had a 4x12
speaker emulator and put it into the Marshall it might fool the ear.
IT DOES!!! Yes you could put one on your small combo and get a big killer sound.
YES??? 
NO!!!  ..........But you do get a much bigger sound. Right now I am using an analog
box ...an olds school box by A/DA it sounds pretty good but the Cab Zone is the real deal.

The Cab Zone uses ir (impulse response speaker simulator) technology. The same kind of thing that is in the stupidly big selling REVV D20 ...20 watt amp.This amp is used for recording and as a live monitor tube amp where it's ir is sent out to the Sound Reinforcement guys in place of a mic. 
It is also the same tech as used in the Fractal Audio Ax-fx3

THE TONES
Having listen to all the choices several times
the Marshall and the MESA Rectifier are my favs. But my rig may tell me different. lol

BOTTOM LINE
So I ordered one. I will try it for my faux 4x12 half stack idea.
Worst case scenario I have a back up for both me and my bass player as it has a couple of 
excellent bass cab ir's in it.
Or use the headphones out for practicing.

So come back in a couple of weeks 
and I add a HANDS ON to this Post.

One cool thing is my A/DA sells used on Reverb for $100.00 USD so it can pay for
the A+.



No comments:

Post a Comment