Monday, March 30, 2020

OVERDRIVE- TONE FREAK EFFECTS Severe Distortion ...very EVH with killer sustain

TONE FREAK EFFECTS SEVERE DISTORTION
$275.00 USD
Well this company has been around since 2007. Many of their pedals I suspect have been around for awhile too.
The layout is straightforward with Level, Gain, and Tone.
One switch lets you choose between symmetrical and asymmetrical clipping. The other labeled Bite is a boost
It appears like many makers their choice of sales is on Reverb.
The pedal's voicing has been set to capture the EVH famous B. sound.  
A searing sound with a touch of honk, thick low mids and soft lows. 
A very tight sound with great sustain.
CONCLUSION
It is rather impressive pedal. I can not believe I am saying this but I can equally can not believe that Tone freak hasn't. It is the closest I've heard to be in the ballpark of a sound we all identify as Eddie's  LOL
Tone Freak have posted on Reverb to be on vacation. 
There are not any products or published prices, I suspect it is more about issues arising with the 'C' virus.
This price is from Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment