Monday, March 9, 2020

FUZZ- PRO ANALOG DEVICES-MK IV FUZZ ...state of the art?

$335.00 USD
PRO ANALOG DEVICES MK IV FUZZ
If nothing else Pro Analog make an extremely well made product with high end parts.

There are exceptions to everything but the vast majority of Fuzz aficionado's I know collect fuzz boxes and nothing pleases them more than one that has a sound that self destructs and seems like it  has a mind of it's own.

Well this Fuzz is just the opposite. It has a sound that is tight as it gets. You feel totally in control of every nuance. It has better dynamics then nearly everything out there. Even the lows are fat, tight and articulate.
With a layout of Attack, Drive and Level the learning curve is short.
Analog Devices say they wanted to make Fuzz that was both a Fuzz and an OD. It is exactly that!
CONCLUSION
The sound has a certain strident quality that creates a sonic machete!
It is a love it or hate it pedal. I love it but it wouldn't have a big place in my music.
I am sure I will one day get an OD with a similar vibe. But I have heard a few with
a much smaller price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment