Friday, March 6, 2020

FUZZ -SKREDDY PEDALS P19 Fuzz- I thought it was an OD?

$200.00 USD
SKREDDY PEDALS P19 FUZZ
When I started out I had a Maestro  Fuzz Tone I choose it because it was the only fuzz in the world. LOL
What??? You say. Well I'm 73. LOL So I have been a pedal addict with no chance of a cure. I have over 100 pedals. It is not that bad. I only use 70 live.

My second fuzz was a Big Muff. I liked it because it more like a modern high gain OD. Once the real OD's came out I pretty much stayed with them. Lately I got into a Metal OD kick which have so much dirt that it has lead me back to the fuzz.
I recently discovered this gem. It is based on a Muff but it stops there. If it was sold as an OD a lot of guys that hate Fuzz pedals would buy one. It has one of the smoothest Fuzz sounds I have ever heard.
Marc Alhfs who designed the P19 is probably the world leading expert on Muff Fuzz pedals. He can tell you by holding two identical  one's that the one with the slightly smaller screw heads holding the casing together is a year older. lol

He voiced the pedal to sound like a 70's 'Triangle' Muff and used Dave Gilmour's sound from The Wall to fine tune it. It has a slight mid boost you can switch on that was on the recording most probably added from the mixing board in the studio ..not from the amp or pedal.


CONCLUSION
It sets out to do just one thing. It does just that with excellence!
It is perfection manifested in a pedal!

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly what I am looking for. I will also get the Lunar Module Mini Deluxe from Skreddy as well, as it's the fuzz tone from the Time solo on Dark Side of the Moon. Skreddy builds awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete