Thursday, March 5, 2020

OVERDRIVE-BIG KNOB PEDALS -Appetite for Destruction- Slash tones

$90.00 USD

BIG KNOB PEDALS APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION

I think this pedal is older then Slash. LOL
It is a JCM800 on steroids. I find it a bit buzzy but
it does have a certain charm.
It is a classic layout of volume, tone. and gain.
It is handwired which these days can mean
making it on an assembly inserting parts by hand
to breadboarding the whole pedal. 

I am not being cynical. 
I have handmade pedals that are beautifully designed. 
They are handmade with the best parts that were expensive but well worth it. 
Others are $20 made in China that sound as Pro.
Keep in mind that the cheap pedals are harder to 
choose than the expensive ones. They do not have
the budget and do use cheaper parts. 
But excellent  design can make it work. This can 
be especially true on a Fuzz. Nasty parts often work 
when making a nasty sound. LOL
CONCLUSION
Well is it a Slash tone?
Hell at the price it just has to sound good to own one.
I do not feel compelled to get one but if I had one
it would join my other 27 keepers and get used.



No comments:

Post a Comment