Saturday, May 2, 2020

OVERDRIVE- TL PEDALS Silver Pony- I didn't like Klons. UNTIL! ...

 TL PEDALS SILVER PONY 
Tim is back again with a new Klon.
I am on my third Klon!
$140.00 USD
Everyone I got drove me nuts because to my ears they were a bit muddy and they all had zero bite.So I got the Wampler Tumnus because so many guys had them I thought 'RIGHT!' this has got to be great. NO I think it was the worst.
Oh sure Tim had the gold one and Tim just doesn't screw up ...but since it too seemed the same I just guessed it was me. 
A Klon was not a Klon unless it had this mellow sound that  I just didn't like. 
WRONG! 
Tim just brought out the Silver Pony. 
Hey now this is more like it! Clean and clear without loosing that great glossy mid sound BUT this sucker has some serious bite and punch.

CONCLUSION
Well Tim made it so it has all the good stuff in and out.
Check around other sites about Tim's Tube Screamer ...guys that even own an Ibanez are scooping them up because they are quieter, cleaner and have a really good but tight low end. Which are the same words I would use for this. This the kind of pedal if you pull back the gain and put it front of a cheap amp would have guys wonder where you got such a great amp. It gives everything that clean channel Dumble vibe!
This will be killer to stack as a booster ..it could fatten up the mids yet give you lots of definition at high gains. It it will be killer if you flat pick or prefer using your fingers instead of a pick. This a serious tool that once you have it you will not be able to play without it!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Paul! I think most of the Klon clones are all based on the same circuit schematic. It's like u mentioned, most sound exactly the same. This has a couple tweaks that later versions included in addition to my own change which tames the output without touching the tone. Sincerely appreciate the support!
    -t

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is this compared to rimrock mythical overdrive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is this compared to rimrock mythical overdrive?

    ReplyDelete