Tuesday, May 12, 2020

GUITAR- SILVERTONE 1449 ...my hot rodded retro ...Danelectro ?

 SILVERTONE 1449 

The original was a plywood and Masonite guitar made in 1963 by Danelectro for Sears Roebuck but this reissue has a 24 1/2 " Ibanez style shallow D shredders neck and both the neck and body are mahogany. The fretboard is rosewood.

63 SILVERTONE


63 DANO


















I thought I would capture the late 60's classic sounds in one guitar. Under that Gretsch looking PU cover is a PAF and at the neck is a '64 Strat handwound PU disguised by a chrome open faced PU cover and a chrome bezel. So I get the classic sounds of a Gibson and I have the sound of Hendrix's favorite guitar a 64 Strat. The bridge is heavier than a Dano and it has bent steel saddles. (Trevor Wilkinson worked with Leo Fender and found out why the design creates the longest sustain.) This guitar is light, the neck is lightning fast and the sound is killer. Especially thru my Plexi!


No comments:

Post a Comment