Tuesday, May 26, 2020

FUZZ- GARLAND FX Zero Distortion ....Late 60's delight!!!

$125.00 USD
 GARLAND FX ZERO DISTORTION FUZZ 
A strange name for this little box of fun! It is a take on a
Tonebender MK4 ...it was the last Tonebender that unlike
all the others it switch from germanium to silicon transistors to compete with the new kid on the block ...EH with their Big Muff.
Volume, Tone Gain and Bias and a bright switch. I am always pleased to see a bias control. Most Fuzz pedals simply fix the bias to one voice. 
I like to tweak my own. I dial it in to be very smooth & OD like and then 
I drop it back just a hair. You get a nice snarl and and a fat sound.
Pat is a one man show and has been making pedals for ten years. 
He has 13 on offer. I have been a big fan of his Pink Drive. 
It is a 70's style hard clipper. Check out the Post.
CONCLUSION
Nice and nasty! It nails the sound of the late 60's and early early 70's.
Stacked on a Plexi or even a Plexi-in-a-Box OD pedal and you have 
a to die for combination! Pat makes great pedals and always at a more than fair price.

No comments:

Post a Comment