Wednesday, May 13, 2020

GOOD NEWS DAY!!! My prototype is in the paint shop!!!

The LENARD F-4G

Regular readers may have followed my challenge of getting my guitar designs manufactured.
I spent 8 years teaching myself everything from how to not just design a guitar but how to get great tone from it and finally how to make it a design that simplifies the manufacturing process to keep it cheap but NEVER compromise the quality.
I had come near finalizing with companies twice in the USA once in Korea and three times in China over lengthy times with each company. They all in the end did not pull out but changed their demands to put all the money in their pocket. Why? They were convinced my guitars would SELL!!!
I am currently working with a small shop in China that does custom guitars and small production runs off no more than 6 guitars at a time. I got the highest compliment from them
and they make a lot of prototypes from simple drawings from big name companies.
They said I was the only designer that sent them a design that could be considered possible to manufactured from the get go!!! No changes NEEDED!!! 
They even tested me by sending me 3 guitars that looked nearly the same and I Emailed them back my choice in seconds spotting flaws in the other two designs. The other two guitars actually looked a bit cooler. BUT you wouldn't want to play them and neither would I.
They already new it was the right choice ...hence the compliment! Yes they make guitars ...but yes they are all players too!

Curious? Google   THE SECOND BEST GUITAR ON THE PLANET!

C19 had the Chinese government literally lock down the Shop where the F-4G prototype is being made. I just got news today that the building is reopened and my guitar is painted and hanging to be cured. 
Paint needs days even weeks to be totally hardened before it can be hand buffed and polished.


F-4G

TELE







STRAT







The Tele came out in 1950 and the Strat in 1954.
I based most of my design off of ideas that 
Leo Fender was working on for a guitar to be made for
1952. 
He had found while working on the soon be made ...first
P. Bass that a top bout horn was needed to balance the
guitar. The rear half of the guitar did not need to be changed.
But better access to the highest frets could be addressed 
by removing any obstacles.
A full sized pick guard kept all the electronics together
and is easier to manufacture and easier to repair locally by it's 
owner. He kept the Tele bridge PU but was working on 
something better for the neck. The headstock had a new look
but was still the same size as the Tele. 
The body is still a flat plank and the neck and fretboard 
remained maple.
A bridge did not need to be so big so the place for the 
PU was removed creating what later was called a hardtail.

A 1952 model was never made.
If it was it might have looked like my F-4G
Half Tele half Strat with a few ideas Fender used later
for other Fender guitars. In so many ways it gives you
the best of both guitars.

It suggests at the very least a Fender. But the last thing the world needs is another Strat or Tele copy. Nor do they want a crazy shape for the sake of being different!
I feel my design stands out by being new but understated. Nothing weird or in your face!


No comments:

Post a Comment