Saturday, August 1, 2020

FUZZ- GREEN HOUSE EFFECTS Sludgehammer Fuzz/Dist. ..Stoner/Doom? I think more!

$185.00 USD
 GREEN HOUSE EFFECTS SLUDGEHAMMER  FUZZ/DISTORTION 
Roy Zichri is Green House Effects. 
A qualified engineer that solving the complex problems of taking the simple Fuzz circuit with as few as 7 parts and turning it into a massive sound that can be easily sculpted to fit the many Fuzz genres like Stoner/Doom and related music forms that use the heavy distortion of the Fuzz to paint the tones of their music.
CONCLUSION
Over the last couple of years traditional Fuzz makers have dabbled with some offerings which were often modded to meet the demands of the many genres of Metal. That was followed by companies that specialized in Metal and now even newer companies are specializing in specific genres like Doom and Stoner which from them sub genres are emerging.
I am very impressed by this Fuzz. There are many like
it that have zero control and are a one tone wonder that is mostly annoying overly resonate in the mids.

A PERSONAL VIEW
I love many kinds of Metal but the issue I have with it is when a style is all about just one single specific ...like speed or virtuosity or another style that never stops with a relentless chugging or yet another that is all about slow and sluggish drones where a single note or chord is played longer then the length of a pop tunes verse.
These bands are treating their music as a new language. I argue it is not a language but simply something that is adding to the vocabulary of the whole in much the way EVH added two handed hammer ons that others now use as just part of their playing.
I find this vocabulary exciting so I am more than willing to add some of into my music. I treat high speed shredding the same way. One in 5 of my tunes could benefit from it so I put in the time extending the modes and scales that I can use. Picking technique and speed soon followed.
So for me this pedal could make an exciting chorus in a tune. I just do not see a whole tune with it in.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I answered the budget pedal thing at the end of the Mosky Fuzzface Post :-)

    ReplyDelete