Thursday, August 20, 2020

OVERDRIVE- AMT ELECTRONICS R2 Legend ...Mesa Rectifier-in-a-Box...killer!!!

$160.00 USD
$103.00 USD on sale!
 AMT R2 LEGEND AMPS 
Regular readers may have caught my review on the AMT B1 which is a killer Bogner-in-a-Box OD. AMT make a two part series of Amp-in-a-Box with 8 in series 1 and 11 in series 2. Included are versions of Marshall, Bogner, Peavey, Soldano, ENGL, Mesa, VHT, Krank and Orange. Some makes have more than one of their amps represented.They all sound good but in series '1' the Bogner had the most punch and in series 2 the R2 which is a Mesa Rectifier was the one with the balz!!!
Yes it has extra's up the wazoo but I will let you get a handle on that with the video.

CONCLUSION
So in the end most of are going to use the regular output into their amp the way I do. No two ways about it these pedals are killer!

HANDS ON
I was expecting a pedal with reasonable tone but with a trade off for an overkill and muscle. I did not get quite the overkill I expected, 
BUT! The big surprise is the tone. Incredible detail and richness. This is bullet proof OD to recommend to any one.
Amazing tone, excellent sustain and enough balz to meet all comers.
I already had have Bogner B1 model and it is all about in your face. 
So these 2 pedals are both great and refreshingly different!

I have a few tunes where I use a laid back Plexi pedal. It is ideal
behind the vocals but on the bridges and solo I kick in the R2 and
the whole effect is like I am using 2 channels of the same amp.
How cool is that?
I think this a bullet proof choice for anyone wanting a OD that can give you anything 
from medium gain to high gain with punch and balz without losing exceptional tone.
Even at full price it is worth every penny!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment