Monday, August 17, 2020

OVERDRIVE- LPD PEDALS Seventy 4 PreAmp.. Killer Marshall ...best of the best!!!

$200.00 USD
LPD PEDALS SEVENTY 4 PREAMP
This is a 74 Plexi in a box. Technically it is an updated or v.2 of the Lawrence Petross Design LPD Seventy 4.
Lawrence has simplified the branding, updated the logo and refined the circuit. The original was already a pedal to die for but when Lawrence does anything it is always killer!
It has one of the most harmonically rich and real sounding tones of any Marshall OD's on the planet. 

I own at least 20 of the best Marshall OD's you can buy from all over the world. When my mind thinks "What is the best" ... it thinks of this pedal first!  I then go through the others before committing because I have 7 that are scary good and damn close. Included are a LPD D.C.M.D. ...and most important the LPD Sixty 8 and the LPD Eighty 7.
If I did not know anything about you I would simply blurt out "Buy a LPD Eighty 7. It is not unlike an '87 hot Hose modded JCM 800. It is a larger than life blow your face off miracle lol. 

If it's late at night and you just wanted to sit and play with an OD that will express every emotion in your being if you had this pedal you would choose it. From anger to sorrow it all is in this little black box ...the LPD Seventy 4.
CONCLUSION
I have heard many OD's sound as good as this on a good video ...I bought them and was happy they did sound this good. BIG BUT! The Seventy 4 sounds better than ANY video!
Try to imagine a detail in the tone that is 3 dimensional . OK I know that sounds a bit mad
but when you get yours ...come back and write in a better description  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul!I would love a shoutout between the LPD pedals and the Turbo Nonna (which i bought after reading your posts)..You keep pedaling on the G.A.S. pedal!!!

    ReplyDelete