Monday, August 31, 2020

OVERDRIVE- FUZZROCIOUS Demon Overdrive ...OCD on steroids


$155.00 USD
FUZZROCIOUS DEMON OVERDRIVE
The biggest selling OD of all time is the Fulltone OCD. Needless to say the circuit gets borrowed. EH is most notable The Glove. Then there are many Chinese wannabes.
So since Fuzzrocious has Metal Fuzz type image they boosted the crap out of it. In contrast EH made their pedal tighter and cleaner.
The company offers several colors that from time to time change and offers custom artwork.
CONCLUSION
There is nothing here I find to like, love or hate. I have an OCD clone myself. Actually it is made by Moogoo and it is a counterfeit. A total fake of a v.2  in the white casing ...it even says Fulltone on it ;-)
In fact some English guy about 4 years ago had a 
You Tube Video showing that they did indeed sound the same. It got pulled after a couple of months.
In short if it hits you as cool get one! You can definitely get a lot of usable sounds and the price is reasonable.


3 comments:

  1. Hello Paul.

    Could you please recommend a good power supply for my pedalboard?
    I have a Voodoo Lab Power 2Plus. Some Chinese brand perhaps?

    Thank you

    A.D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most Chinese power supplies are re-branded Joyo. I have used different models over the years. One did die but not to go into details I feel it was from getting physically knocked around. I have never had electrical failures with any and some have been everyday for 4 years. I now use 80 pedals so I have a few lol. The Mosky Power Station Nano is my preferred one now. It has short circuit protection which never hurts. I have not had any noise problems even though like all budget Power supplies it does not have isolated outputs.it has one 12v output, and one 500ma 9v output and 6 150ma outputs. Most pedals seldom take more than 10 or 2ma. Digital pedals take more often much more so use the 500ma for them. The nice thing about this unit is it is really small so it is easy to fit on or under a board. You always daisy chain a several pedals from the 500ma output.
    if you have a few more pedals. You can get them off of AliExpress for about $35.00 USD (the price includes shipping)

    ReplyDelete