Wednesday, August 26, 2020

OVERDRIVE- JHS Charlie Brown & J. ROCKETT .45 Caliber ...which ???

 JHS CHARLIE BROWN  or J.ROCKETT .45 CALIBER 

WHICH ONE ? WHICH WON ?
Both these pedals are meant to be a Marshall JTM 45 -in-a-Box
So which one sounds better ...and why?
PRICE? ..$200.00 USD ...for either one.





CONCLUSION
I have and use daily 15 Marshall-in-a-Box pedals. I have others that are either based off or other amps or are too Metal to count. 
One thing I have had to learn is to be able to separate the overtones of the notes and chords being played from the root tone of any dirt pedal. I listen to the harmonics and overtones often presented as a trail and/or wall of 'fuzz' and 'fizz' The higher in the frequency range they are the further they are from the root note and therefore the more buzzy they sound.
The J. Rockett has it's Fuzz/fizz in the upper mids which although not terrible they would start driving me nuts when I was actually playing the pedal. The JHS are more in the lower mids and not only are going to be less buzzy but blend better with the root notes in your chords. Soooo I would not hesitate to choose the JHS!


2 comments:

  1. Well Igor thanx for asking :-) JHS! There biggest seller is the Angry Charlie yet I find this one even though it is not as much fun LOL ...BIG BUT! the Charlie Brown sounds better.

    ReplyDelete