Saturday, July 7, 2018

COMPRESSORS REVISTED



 COMPRESSORS REVISITED 

So I bought the new Keeley Compressor +. I love it. I am selling my much praised Wampler. It is supposed to be artifact free almost invisible etc. It is. BUT ...it has an annoying lack of clarity. This is weird because if anything Wamplers pedals all have a glass like sound. 
I am actually using a 2 mini relatively cheap jobbies a Pigtronix Philosopher's  Tone with another compressor the Mooer Yellow comp pushing it. The pair together actually sound great ...a really great sound and tons of sustain. Both compressors are 'optic'. The Mooer is a Diamond rip off. The Diamond is even yellow lol. It is a stellar ripoff ...it is easily the best pedal Mooer make. 
They know it too as it has been around for years and they still will not rebrand it.
Adrian Below uses the full size Philosopher ...it has been around since the 80's. It sounds the same. Pigtronix did a stellar job on the small one. His has been his always on pedal all that time.
So I am finally happy with my comps (I have 4 ...one for each loop) 
I use the other most toted jobbie the Xotic SP on my Fuzz/Metal pedal loop. They all do something different really well. But doing the double up thing with the 2 mini optic jobies blows my mind. They sound exceptional used together!!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment