Saturday, June 16, 2018

OVERDRIVE- LOVE PEDAL Super 6 ...instant Stevie Ray sound



$225.00 USD
 LOVE PEDAL SUPER 6 
W/SRV MOD 

This OD is patterned off a Fender Black Face Super Reverb with the volume set to 6. Hence the name.
The gold stripe on this one is indicative of a limited edition of 100 pedals with the SRV mod.
I heard the standard green with black stripes one and
you can easily hear a definite difference.

LET ME DIGRESS FOR A BIT ...
I just got a custom handmade 64-65 Strat neck PU
from Q.
Q is Tiho a guy in Croatia that winds and tweaks them until they nail the Hendrix sound. The 64-65 PU's were hand wound by Fender
and they varied. Some were a bit hot others not.
He has got the winding's down to match the sound dead on.
I am semi retiring my Fender Custom Strat from playing live as a lot of guys in my area have had them stolen. But the sound was critical on a few tunes.
So I am having the Hendrix PU built into the neck position of my ...Silvertone guitar.
(I even found a nice German made nickel plated open faced cover for the PU to keep the guitars look from being spoiled)
I still need a Strat sound for a couple of tunes.
So the PU and the pedal are ear candy to make up for not having my real Strat.
Hence this is a gotta have.

AND NOW BACK TO OUR PEDAL


I am impressed by the video. So because of the LTD. EDT. of the thing I took the plung.




HANDS ON
Well I got the pedal. Without the Tumnus used on the video I got a really great Mark Knopler Sultans of Swing sound.
With the the Tumnus what-cha hear is what-cha get.
In the end I had the gain up to 2 O'clock and with my guitar I nailed it.

I have since tried several other pedals thinking they were better and they failed.
The thing is SRV played fairly loud and all else he got beyond this pedal combo was do to feedback from the amp.




No comments:

Post a Comment