Friday, June 15, 2018

FUZZ- MOEN Fuzz-Moo ...a bit like a Big Muff but fatter with great sustain ...& $40.00

 MOEN FUZZ MOO 
$40.00 USD
June 2020

The older big 'Moo' has been around for years with a cult like following. A Fuzz even the Fuzz haters love.
Great sustain ...lots of balz ...super tight ...it even gives you definition when strumming away.
It reminds me of my original Big Muff that I bought new just after
they came out.
I bought the new Nano one a year ago and thought it would sound like the Moo .... Did it???
I sold it! What a piece of junk!!!
At the price it is worth a try.



It was recently been shrunk into a MXR 'b' type box.
The price tag has shrunk too.

The price reflects a straight from China price. (you can get it on AliExpress ...free shipping too.)


The discontinued older casing.



Right now it is on sale on Ali Express so it could go up 5 or 10 bucks.
Bottom line. Not much risk since if you sell it used you should be able to get back your money

HANDS ON
First I should mention it is very nicely made ...solid as a rock and the pots are firm but smooth ...nothing about it says 'budget pedal'.
It has a really fat syrupy low end. You can add lots and lots of highs without loosing those lows at all. 
The sustain is good. The only criticism is like a lot of fuzz boxes it is a bit noisy.
I have a gate on my Fuzz loop so it isn't a problem.
I find it is just a bit bland but if you stacked any interesting OD you probably already own the combination will probably be scary. 
I can see using it to drive my EH Synth which has a few good usable sounds but the combined effect will have some serious punch!

At the price it is a no brainer ...you just can't loose. It is better then quite literally hundreds of Fuzz units that sell for 3 or 4 times as much!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment