Friday, July 31, 2020

OVERDRIVE- RETRO-SONIC Distortion ...an un-Rat pedal but a good one

$190.00 USD
 RETRO-SONIC DISTORTION 
The company has been around forever somewhat under the radar supply good sounding toughly made pedals for the working musician.
Their Distortion has no sexy name or flahy graphics. It does not claim to be the ultimate Marshall-in-a- Box. It is just a good gutsy dirt box that has shades of the old style hardclippers from the 70's.
Yes this is definitely a spin off a the old Rat :-)

CONCLUSION
It is a great sounding spin off but you should really
check out TL Pedals Rat which is an authentic clone of the original 'Big Box Rat'. I have one and it's a real keeper.
I really like the sound of this pedal. Since I have an authentic sounding Rat I use all the time I can easily tell that this not a real Rat. 
If I had it I would use both but you need to compare them before you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment