Friday, July 24, 2020

FUZZ- ROWIN Frenzy Fuzz ... I have been looking for a fuzz just like this ???


$30.00 USD
 ROWIN FRENZY FUZZ 
This little Nano Fuzz is made by Joyo it is probably based off of their Ironman  JF-320 Purple Storm. At the moment it is only available under the Rowin brand. 
Ammoon do several re-branded Joyo pedals from this line at half the price but not this one. Yet. ;-)
The picture to your right is probably very close to actual size. LOL
The Fuzz has a classic 60's era Brit Fuzz sound but without the side effects of excessive, sputter splatter and total drop outs. lol
In spite of a reasonable price I spent a lot of time looking for it rebranded by Joyo for another company. lol

CONCLUSION
Cuvave do a very similar Fuzz for $25.00 USD. It sounds fabulous but has a very weak output. The Cuvave has a slightly fatter sound but this is close and the sustain is far longer.
What the hey! 
I will order one and we will see :-)

HANDS ON
...first it is definitely made very well. I plugged it in without even touching the knobs I got beautiful smooth upper mids singing sound that made me think Dave Gilmour! W.T.F! 
So I start twisting the knobs and hitting the toggle. Yes oh yes ..this pedal sounds like a modern twist on the Rams Head Muff. I find it less gritty and pushing into OD territory ...not necessarily a bad thing. I soon found myself making music with it for a half hour or so and not even thinking about the Fuzz. my first sound was great and I will use it ...but I soon found another that was much fatter and more usefull for my more Metal like slant of my music.
Verdict! Just get one! Soon since the next guy reading this will!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment