Friday, July 31, 2020

COOL STUFF I BOUGHT !!!


 COOL STUFF I BOUGHT IN AUGUST 


ROWIN FRENZY FUZZ   
The big little surprise. This a nano pedal. If you have not had one held in your hand you will really be surprised. They look as if someone miniaturized a full size pedal as a novelty ornament? However this is no toy. It sounds like someone's take on a modernized Ram's Head Big Muff. Crazier still it easily sounds as good as many of them!  At $30.00 USD this is nobrainer. Just grab one before the next guy that reads this ...does.

JHS MORNING GLORY v. 4
...this is their updated take on the defunct  Marshall Bluesbreaker OD. I have heard all the versions which all sound the same except for more features added. The problem for me is it's reviews only focus on its medium gain and near high gain capabilities and I have lots of OD's I prefer much more for that.  What they do not show is it's stellar low gain transparent abilities. I have bought several very expensive ones  ...even the overpriced Japanese ones and I hated every one. This is killer for low gain ...Strats do not lose their chime or bell like tone and it is a dream for flat picking ....it warms up and sustains the tone but leaves the notes as clear as if I played them on my Martin.
One cool thing about this pedal is if you were in a position to only have one OD this pedal with it's recent updates of more EQ and boosts will literally cover anything from low to high gain sounds with a totally pro sound throughout the entire range. If your gig is weddings and banquets etc. this is 'the' pedal to get ...nothing comes remotely close!

AMT B1 LEGEND
AMT have a whole series of 19 different gourmet  Amp-in-a Box
distortion pedals. The B1 is a Bogner. They are impressive. 
C19 has been terrible in Russia where they are made and with 
lock downs etc. many companies are blowing out stock just to 
pay rent etc. So at $70.00 USD I just could not resist. 
It lives up to the hipe.The coolest thing is it has killer sustain. 
Nothing is nicer than on all the controls because it is easy to 
push it too much.

A26

TOM'S LINE PURE ECHO DIGITAL DELAY
Just a straight forward Delay pedal ...no tap tempo etc. The big BUT is... it uses a high end parts that gives you a sound that goes nose to nose with the sound of Strymons etc.
At $45.00 USD it was a 'must have' LOL ....and now I have it!

A26


3 comments:

  1. Can u do a back to back review of the different JHS MG versions? You're likes / dislikes of each one.
    I use the original BB circuit in my KingKlon but with a couple tweaks like the KOT and a bit different gain and volume sweeps to make it more balanced and usable.
    Tkx Uncle Paul!
    -t

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can hear the man himself talking about each one here:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZS9SQBEotw
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. I find ALL the versions of the Morning Glory are equal for my personal use. Each version ADDED extra features that made the pedal more versatile but NONE altered what the original did. I have v.4 But DO NOT use the extras. I have the King of Clone that is a part for NOS part clone of a KOT I have heard it side by side with a real KOT and the KOT was as tad brighter and the the clone is a tad fatter. I put that down to using NOS that is notoriously inconsistent. Two KOT's could sound equally that different. Furthermore a KOT to my ear is not as close to a Bluesbreaker as many other pedals. The Snouse Black Box is probably the closest. Like many pedals like the TL Pedals KingKlon they pick up the vibe of a KOT or a Bluesbreaker but are really their own thing, If you had a real Bluesbreaker, a real KOT and a KingKlon on your board you could end up picking anyone as your favourite or be like me and use them all wherever they served a particular tune the best.

    ReplyDelete