Saturday, December 28, 2019

OVERDRIVE- GREENCHILD Kurst Overdrive ...a Klon that growls!



$220.00 USD
 GREENCHILD KURST OVERDRIVE 

It has some vaguely uninspired Klon sounds when backed off.
Just a bit when turned up a little. BUT! when cranked it does its own thing with a really fat sound that growls.

The layout is classic. It has level, gain, bass and treble.
Greenchild have their own tasteful and simple enclosure
with front end jacks which saves space on your board.

I have the Wampler Tumus and I only use it stack on other pedals. I think the Kurst would do that even better. I can not help but like it.

CONCLUSION
It is some what Klon like but it is part of new wave of pedals that are using the basic
circuit to make different pedals. I have 2 Tube Screamer wannabe's that do not sound a bit like a ts. One is high gain and the other is all about fat fuzzy sounds, Both sound good but neither sound like a ts.
So you like it or you don't ?

1 comment: