Saturday, December 14, 2019

OVERDRIVE- BIG KNOB PEDALS Appetite for Distortion...JCM800 Slash wannabe?

$90.00 USD
 BIG KNOB PEDALS APPETITE FOR DISTORTION 
I am not so adept with Slash that I think I can tell if they nailed his sound. I can tell if what passes for it is slick enough. I do know that PedalPalFX have a rep of nailing anything Marshall so I would get their pedal for that. The PAL 034 Night Overdrive. I have 3 Pedal Pal FX
pedals and all of them deliver superb sound!!!

I really don't care ...I just care if a pedal sounds great and has a pro usable application. some of my fav pedals claim one thing and do not deliver. the Mr Brown does the JDS50 which is supposed to be an AC/DC sound . NO! It is however a great Police Andy summers sound. lol I love it for that!!!

Just your standard volume,gain and tone. It sounds best when used for that creamy type distortion. When you rough it up it sounds fairly average.


CONCLUSION
At the price it is not bad at all. Better still I have seen them as low as $50.00 USD on Reverb.
As a Slash pedal it is NOT! check out the PedalPalFX one. There is a Post.
You can get some pro sounds out of it so I would use one if I had it but as many know I have 26 OD's and a few cover this territory better.
On a final note these are handmade pedals with some decent components. So you are getting a decent price at full pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment