Tuesday, December 24, 2019

OVERDRIVE-GENERAL GUITAR GADGETS BSIAB 2 ...it sounds REAL ...damn impressive!!!


 GENERAL GADGETS BSIAB 2 
$85.00 USD
Brown-Sound-In-A-Box 2 Overdrive.
So ...straight up I will tell you this is a kit company.
BUT ...they will assemble it for you.
In my view it looks like the efforts of a lot of small makers
not the look of a kit.

The review is one from a guy that bought the 'kit' I expect before having a choice.
A rumour says the JHS Charlie Brown was borrowed from this pedal.










CONCLUSION
I loved it the second I heard it.
It has a real ...very raw even trashy sound. A tear your face off gem!
I had an old used 50 watt Marshall head in the early 70's. The band practised in the
basement of a totally run down hundred year old house in West London UK.
This is exactly what I heard!

I compared the JHS Charlie Brown v1.
Charlie is fuller & a bit muddy. The BSIAB 2 is open & raw.
The BDIAB 2 has a 'contour' knob. JHS has a knob marked 'air'.
The JHS could be  ????
On a final note this ain't an EVH sound. I have heard them all
...even a tape of the band playing in a high school gym.
C-MAT MODS Brownie sounds like the high school gym sound.

OK ...forget this corny saying but 'The BDIAB 2 speaks for itself!!!
I digress!
Bottom line...
the BSIAB 2 is on my short list!!!


1 comment:

  1. I've built dozens of JD's boards and every one has been 100% accurate with zero issues. General Guitar Gadgets is a great place for anyone to start and thier kits are filled with top end components! Glad to see them featured here.
    -t

    ReplyDelete