Sunday, December 8, 2019

GUITAR- GOLDFINCH GUITARS ...cool idea from Philadelphia ...how about a $300.00 guitar ????

Phillip Smith loves the Japanese guitars from the 60's. He decided one day to make his own. So he set out to design one that was in the spirit of them all yet updated to modern standards of playability.
He decided they should be kept simple and cheap. He encourages you to mod them.
My fav is the Painted Lady and at $300.00 USD I have zero complaints. 

I see mine with some mods at the get go. A Mustang bridge as it is retro looking but with 6 adjustable saddles. One or a pair of Firebird pickups.



THE PAINTED LADY




I love the six string and at 
$300.00 USD. 
It begs to be mine!!! lol
but how about a twelve.

Better still a 12 at $420.00 USD

Goldfinch works similar to Eastman you can wait 3 months but keep in mind this is not churned out crap. You are getting a serious pro guitar.
that is more Limited Edition then mass produced.



The price of cool, well made literally limited edition guitars. What's not to like?


THE NOIR
The last of our gems. '
it is $600.00 USA

THE KENSINGTON
This really does look 60's. At $575.00 you can take it home!




CONCLUSION

I would a really appreciate a few specs laid out in what has become an industry standard with a nice list laid out in a graph. 
You get the highlighted features of each model but not a detail list of specs.

Most of you know I love buying these kind of orphans and turning them into shredders that can take out walls with my Plexi. A good PAF cleverly disguised with toaster PU cover or whatever looks period correct cover I can discover in my worldwide search completes the package. 

I do recommend going to their site and getting the whole picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment