Saturday, December 14, 2019

BASS PREAMP-NORTHSTRAND AUDIO Starlifter Bass Preamp/DI ...impressive!

 NORTHSTRAND AUDIO STARLIFTER BASS PREAMP/DI 
$350.00 USD

I did a massive research for a great bass pre lead me to the Microtubes B7K. Bass players on
the whole are more into a self contained good amp. They are more cost conscious then your average guitarist. In short if a guitarist has the money it gets bought. bass players need a big justifacatin.
So bottom line is that the Nothstrand is in my
estimation one of the best out there. It just goes for a solid great sound. Even th so-called best seem to have some kind of sh@t sounding dirt sound in them. For that get a real tube OD ...on bass nothing else works. OK a crazy Fuzz does but that
 is not an always on sound.

The Starlifter has it all ..DI out a pad coming in and the important quasi 3 way EQ with a para for the mids. It has 2 voices vintage and modern. Yes they are fixed but with bass a shade of grey in tone does squat.
It is so new that using a Stingray demo was it's only demo? BUT ...it is in there! Go to 20:04 on the video to check it out.


CONCLUSION
It is at the bottom of my short list. If I wasn't getting a good bass sound right now
thanks a lot to a Empress Para EQ I would get one. The Northstrand would be my first choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment