Friday, December 24, 2021

**** MY 10 GUITARS


MY GUITARS
I swap between 10 guitars using different guitars for different
tunes. One guitar might have a Tele at the bridge but a Ric at the neck. I can cover PAF, P90, Strat, Tele, Ric, Gretsch, & Gold Foil sounds and even have pedals that best suit their voices. 
All but my SG and Ibanez are heavily modified. Many are ancient so the wood is totally aged with the tone at its best.  All have excellent fit and finish. Upgrades to make them up to date like hardware, PU's etc. have been done. 
In 1953 Leo felt the Tele would be like a car where last years Tele would be discontinued and replaced by a new model. Just like cars the best parts from the pervious model like the Tele bridge PU would be kept but the neck PU would be improved. He designed what became the Strat PU's for that job. The single cut Tele would became a double cut. The old 3 saddle bridge would be replaced by the 6 saddle hardtail etc. I designed and had the Lenard made. I get the best of a Tele & a Strat from just one guitar. 
The Fernandes Gotoh whammy even though 30 years old always stays in tune. In fact this guitar can hold tune for days. My handmade 89 MIJ Washburn semi sold new for $2400.00 USD.  Back then that was obscene money and Washburn did not have a big enough name so they only made one batch and killed it. I know a few old guys that have one. All are Jazzers that also have big bodied Gibson's or old 335's. No one who gets one sells them. Mine NEVER needs a set up, the neck never moves. I got mine from an estate sale for $350.00 USD in near mint condition. 
Many estate sales are just regular people selling granddad's stuff and do not know the value of musical instruments. I got my Ltd Ed SG for $800.00 USD with the tags still on it. Never ever played. The flawless hardshell case came still in it's plastic bag.
My Lace guitar is designed by Grover Jackson and the pickup is a gift from a guy who does not want me to tell others. He is in a '3 piece band' and on the 'Top' of many guitarists lists as one of the greatest players for decades :-) I got it cheap too. Chicago Music Exchange had it for over 10 years and for 3 years in a row I offered them $500.00 because I knew the history. They sold it to me in the end as a used guitar.

The guitars and how many  tunes I use them on.
Silvertone 1449  _5 tunes
Lenard F-4G  _6 tunes 
Washburn H35 old semi (MIJ) _2 tunes
Gibson SG Std Ltd Ed _5 tunes
Fender Duo Sonic _3 tunes
Fernandes Native Pro (MIJ)_2 tunes
Ibanez Jet King_2 tunes
Airline H88 _2 tunes
Godin Radiator _4 tunes
Lace Cybercaster _2 tunes
>>>> total tunes 33-

1975 Washburn M35  MIJ &
Fender Duo sonic 
w/ 55 Tele & 66 Ric hand wound PU's
Lenard w/ 59 LP spec neck
Vintage Tele & Strat PU's
...body shape from Leo's 53 sketch.
Ltd. Ed. Gibson SG Standard



Silvertone 1449 w/ PAF neck 
& hand wound 64 Strat, PU's
Lace Cybercaster/designed by Grover Jackson
w/ hand wound Billy Gibbons PAF
Fernandes w/PAF bridge & Gretsch
TV Jones neck PU's.
Airline H88 Stratotone Doublet
PAF & Harmony S Gold Foil, PU's



Ibanez Jet King reissue of first Ibanez
(which was a Guyatone LG 70
with Ibanez put on the headstock)
w/ P90's and my Godin Radiator
w/Duncan Pegasus (Prog Metal)
& a 50's Magnatone MkIII PU

So this is my present rig. Every pedal and 
Every guitar gets played every day.
Different guitars have different PU's.
I have tunes that work best with HB 
PU's others that need a Single coils.
Some tunes have parts in them that
could be played on an acoustic guitar so they
sound best on things like Rickenbaker
or Gold Foil PU's.
I do not like split coil sounds. To me they
sound like a junk single coil PU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment