Tuesday, December 28, 2021

OVERDRIVE- CRAZY TUBE CIRCUITS Black Magic MkII ...a massive sound with a Hiwatt vibe

CRAZY TUBE CIRCUITS BLACK MAGIC MkII 

$225.00 USD
This company has been bringing out innovative pedals for years. Most I
reviewed. I find them a hit and miss maker. There is a fine line between genius and stupid. With every 't' crossed and every 'i' dotted their stuff is never cheap.
I must apologize for missing this one as it came out in 10 years ago. Ouch! Having owned a Hiwatt years ago I was hit by this pedal's Hiwatt vibe. That said you can also dial in an American high gain amp too. The kind that has that overly boosted 6L6 power tubes thing going on.
The layout has level, gain, presence and a 3 way EQ. A 3 way boost 
with its own level that gives you a choice of volume, gain or both.
CONCLUSION
It has a sledgehammer balzy punch and incredible headroom coming at you in it's attack. it is certainly fat!! The gain can push past the 70's into a modern Metal thing. What's not to love.
....I just put it on the top of my short list!


the fine print
I still would like a pedal that has a classic amp vibe but will work
for a Modern Metal overkill thing. Even with my ENGL Powerball 
need to stack it. My impression is that the Wampler Pinnacle  'Might'
do it. The Mosky Brown is a part for part replica clone. I should arrive
in a few weeks. So until then this pedal stays on the back burner.

No comments:

Post a Comment