Friday, September 18, 2020

FUZZ-HAUNTED LABS Scorched Earth ...definitely a contender!


$170.00 USD
 HAUNTED LABS SCORCHED EARTH FUZZ 
A basic Fuzz is a simple thing and can have as few as 7 parts or need to circuit boards stacked just to fit everything on. Ether way you can get some really impressive sounds or alternatively junk. lol
I was hardly a Fuzz junkie when I started reviewing and when I found out the 7 parts thing I realized some guys who just learn to solder were big on ego but not so big skills!
Over time I discovered a few gems ...and got hooked. Lately
I have been buying about one a month :-)
This one is the work of Christopher Cozort. Other than I know it is a silicon Fuzz I know little else. 
It is mix of old tech transistors with modern tech that that allows for cleaning up things like excess sputter to nasty drop outs or even failure.
It is definitely aimed a the Doom, Sludge. Drone and Stoner
guys!    

CONCLUSION
Sounds good on the video? Fat with a nice long sustain but
you can add lots of rasp and grunt for leads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment