Tuesday, September 1, 2020

OVERDRIVE- KNUCKLE PUCK 20/20 Overdrive ...or should he have stuck with the T-shirts?

$185.00 USD
 KNUCKLE PUCK 20/20 OVERDRIVE 
This I would suppose is from some new kid on the block. It looks like a Vox OD from 2010. I guess to be fair 9 out of 10 boxes are in a Hammond style casing and a third of them use these same style knobs.

Nick Casasanto is the guitarist in Knuckle Puck the band. It appears to be a 'why sell T-shirts' ...if you can sell a pedal?
He teamed up with Mike Pappalardo
of Compendium Engineering to put his 
ideas into the pedal. 
They started with getting a transparent 
type sound. Yes folks another Tube 
Screamer with a couple of clipping diodes 
or so and a booster!
CONCLUSION
Well for a start it is damn creative way to promote and finance the band
this is 2020 last time I checked and about 95% of all bands never make 
enough just gigging to pay the rent and eat.
The first run will be 50 pieces and the band are taking preorders.
So to the point!
What about the sound.
it sounds very ts ...in other words the basic sound uses symmetrical clipping
but with the clipping diodes and a boost it heads into high gain territory. 
It is very versatile. I have several OD's that are in this territory and I use 
them as problem solvers or stacked on Plexi OD's for a nasty boost.
this pedal isn't for me I already got one ..or 2 or 3.
Having a band I certainly sympathize and the fact they have kept going for 10 years wins them a 5 Star rating in my book. So let's hear the band. The critics describe them as Pop Punk. If your music fits into this direction then I would give the pedal a few more
listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment