Thursday, April 30, 2020

REVERB- TL PEDALS Box of Hall ...designed for a Pro !!! Genius!

 TL PEDALS BOX OF HALL REVERB 

$165.00 USD
Tim has done it again. A very simple to operate reverb that can cover all the bases especially at a gig.
Reverb can really be dramatic. You watch a video and you hear all the great rooms and halls a sci fi effects and WOW.
You take to a gig or even to a band practice and everything with it on turns to total mud! You end up putting on the spring setting. Spring? 
No! pseudo Spring at best.

So Tim solved the problem. Just use a nice simple natural hall sound without any busy sounding tail on the voicing.
When you roll it back you have a nice smooth sound so that you can use it as an 'always on' pedal. Before you think you do not want reverb always on ...think again. With it on your overall sound sits in a space that even if it is not inside a cathedral it is still a space. Turn it off and it sounds really jarring and weird.
Most of the time just a bit of reverb is dead perfect. 
On some tunes a little more really is nice.
With the 'Box' you lean over even on a dark stage grab 
the knob... a quick tweak and your done.


CONCLUSION
Dan on THAT PEDAL SHOW is recording an EP during this P19 lock down time.
He has dozens of pedals. His fave is the Empress Effects Echo System it will cost
you $450.00 USD. I have one myself. 
It is the very best of the best. You could say it is a ...
PROFESSIONAL REVERB
Now 99% of the time I have it set to a nice simple HALL
Does it sound better then the 'Box' nice simple HALL
My god I really wish it did!!! I truly do!!! I spent all that money and ....

Let me tell you what the BOX is
REVERB FOR A PROFESSIONAL
as a pro you have to always have a pro sound.
and live you do not have the time for a damn stomp box
to let you down! It has to be simple and sound great.

With most pedals these days the are a maze of flashy graphics
They do look cool in your hand. But for gods sake DO NOT 
put them on your board you simply can not read them. 
Add to that at that distance they look like sh@t. 
I love Tims look. Tasteful, classy and high end looking.
Years ago I studied Interior design. I was an honour student. 
Top of my class.
So I know what looks great and what is just crap! 
Tim's pedals would get him top marks every time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... great description! I couldn't have explained it better myself.
    Have to extend my thanks to CultureJam (Forrest Whitsides) for the platform to develop this from. He even used our original demo on his site! I am un-officially named 'some other guy' in the pedal world! Moving on up...
    -t

    https://forrestwhitesides.com/box-of-hall-reverb-circuit/

    ReplyDelete