Tuesday, April 14, 2020

COMPRESSOR- TL PEDALS Boa Constrictor - killer optical compressor

 TL PEDALS BOA CONSTRICTOR 
$125.00 USD
This is an optical compressor. Always a favourite of guys who do not like a compressors as it can be as transparent as a very high end studio comp.

The think that blows my mind that any one with a Plexi knows that when a Plexi is cranked a little but still left clean you get a beautiful resonant compression from the limited headroom from the transformer.

The BOA gives you that same killer sound.
I have 3 optic compressors even the high end Thurlby. I love them but none of them give you so much sweet resonance.

At the moment this pedal is well kept secret
I know of nothing that is this amazing for so cheap.


CONCLUSION
Whoa!!! this is the best TL pedal yet. In my mind this a true original. Tim's work has jumped into the ranks of makers like Jam Pedals where they take things from the past but improve on the sound of them so beautifully that top players quietly buy them and put them on their board!! Speaking of Jam Pedals their compressor is $225.00 USD and it is in not in any way better !!!

FINAL NOTE 
I review hundreds of pedals yet every  10 days or so I find a real gem. 
I find this gem in every price range but it doesn't matter I still get the 
W.T.F. this pedal is killer feeling !!!! 
This is what keeps me thrilled about pedals
I do not have to need ...or afford or even want the pedal. 
BUT the buzz is the same.
In short Tim has made my day with this killer comp !!!

1 comment: