Wednesday, April 15, 2020

OVERDRIVE-MISSION ENGINEERING Velocity OD ...Cutting edge tech !

  MISSION ENGINEERING NUAUDIO VELOCITY OD 
$280.00 USD
This is not a new technology but having a gourmet pedal company use it makes a BIG difference.
Vox brought out a type of transistor replacement called the Nutube it uses tube tech without the need for high power or a glass vacuum light bulb like canopy over it. It will one day burn out like a regular tube but it will take years and years.
Vox has a couple of amps using it and a line of pedals that are soon to be released.
Vox has licesed the technology. Ibanez brought out a Tube Screamer model using it. Having reviewed the ts I was not impressed. To be fair I was not expecting to be. The ts is a pedal famous for it's use of a OpAmp that makes symmetrical clipping.
A real tube makes asymmetrical clipping.


Mission Engineering make pedal OD's They wanted a tube amp in a box so they set out to do just that.
The layout is straightforward with Level, Gain, 3 way EQ and a switch to go between low or high gain.


CONCLUSION
Well the pedal sounds very good but like all new tech the old FET tech has had years of using it to get the perfect OD. In short I can see adding it to my collection but I have at least 10 that sound better to me. Worse yet for Nutube one pedal cost me $17.00 USD!

No comments:

Post a Comment