Monday, August 22, 2022

____TUBE SCREAMERS ____ SHOOT OUT!!!! ______

TUBE SCREAMERS 

REAL,GOURMET OR BUDGET ???  
It all started with the 1979 Maxon OD-808 that Ibanez licensed and had re-branded to sell to their guitar dealers. Since they did not either design or make pedals there was zero risk in adding them as another revenue stream. 
We all have a love hate of them. Even guys that don't have one often do.
The brand has re-named it and added a bell or whistle but pop off the bottom 
of the pedal and OUCH!!!! You've been conned.
I have two. One is the the Pro Tone Pedals Attack Overdrive which is designed for high gain metal with a high pass filter so you can literally chop off low end 
in stages to get a 'just right' tightness. The other is the $30 Caline Emerald Night that in a comparison with the Ibanez ts9 I could not hear any 
difference at all.
CONCLUSION
In the end the ts succeeded because it is a great 'tool' in a band context it gives you both a cut and a boost without changing the basic sound of your rig. 
I find even with a couple of OD's stacked once the band kicks in I still need  
the damn thing or my sound disappears in the mix. One minute on my own 
I have a killer sound and the second the band kicks it it sounds like 
someone through a heavy blanket over my speaker cab.  
Which one? Which one? Which,Which, Which, LOL

the fine print
...as I said the best ts is the one that fits your gear and the 
style of music you play. For me I am looking for bite and
even a bit or course grit. I really needed to hear a comparison
to tell. I could not guess which one it would be. My first impression
was right. The Wampler mini definitely was the most aggressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment