Wednesday, August 10, 2022

OVERDRIVE- ANIMALS PEDAL Major Overdrive ___NEW ___ MIAB? maybe not ?

ANIMALS PEDAL|MAJOR OVERDRIVE V.2
$170.00 USD
Another great pedal designed by Mar Ahfifs  from Skreddy Pedals. This is really an 
update from the old review of V.1 :) The new one has more headroom and is a bit brighter a bit transparent.
When I first heard this pedal I was very impressed by it's Brit vibe but it seemed too bright, defined and open to be a Marshall. It made me think Vox. I settled on Vox as 
a descriptor. In my mind I saw it like all pedals of a known amp as going to be in the ballpark but maybe in the impressionists camp not photo realism.
The short story is I heard two guys debating it and one said "HiWatt". 
Damned if it isn't.
The layout is level, gain and tone.
CONCLUSION
A very impressive OD. It definitely 
has a HiWatt vibe. 
The HiWatt was designed by 
Dave Reeves who loved his Marshall 
but he wanted more headroom, more 
definition and a nice solid lows. 
So he made one for himself, but then ... 
                         ...sorry no vids for v.2 yet 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment