Saturday, August 6, 2022

OVERDRIVE- THAT NEW PEDAL COMPANY 70's OD ___NEW___ new boys with 'a' pedal

THAT NEW PEDAL COMPANY 70's OD
$230.00 USD
From Alicia Spain come a new company. I went to the site and saw a spectacular layout that looked like I was on an automobiles makers site. They had just one pedal. 
According to them it is made by pedal Luthiers? My god Luthiers no less !!!
They laid the hype on with a trowel. Lets just say I wasn't impressed. You needed a shovel to dig past the bullsh*t!!!
Its' knobs on the front of the pedal That might be cool on a $35 Danelectro plastic pedal but ....try using it on a dark stage. You will want smash the f.ing thing.
It is supposed to capture the 70's sound in a bottle. That's easy, just buy a $50 Boss SD-1.
OK I have had my rant. I would buy a pedal from the devil himself if it sounded killer.
The layout is volume and gain. Yawn.
CONCLUSION
It's the transparent pedal of the week, LOL. Actually it sounds pretty damn good. 
It has a lot of headroom. A lot of players will want to cut the lows. They are not muddy but for the 'Dumble' guys they are a bit much. It is not a Blues Breaker 
but BB lovers are the guys that will be sniffing around this pedal.
The knobs on the front are beyond stupid. They take up room on your pedal board and 
can get damage easily. You can not see where you set them and will annoy listeners  
as you twang away to hear where they are set. If it were a car the driver would 
have to sit behind the passengers in the back seat. WTF!!!! 
The thing that really gets up my nose is it is totally pretentious. 
Trying to 'be cool' is NEVER cool.  
The price includes free shipping so the pedal is really a $200 pedal. 
Two thumbs up or perhaps one finger up? I will let you choose.  
Yes, I did say it sounds damn good. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment