Tuesday, August 23, 2022

OVERDRIVE- DAZATRONYX PEDALS THD ....Boss HM-2 NOS parts clone + extra's

DAZATRONYX THD 
$200.00 USD
The company has a 10 year warranty. It has that because the pedals don't F-up, LOL. 
All pedals are handmade by Arron Thornbury. Meticulous build and the best parts do the trick. Many make clone pedals with mods most mods are less than stellar. When ol' Arron does a mod the pedal is actually noticeably improved. 
I bought the original HM-2 when I worked at a Music Shop just before I left for college. For portability I stuffed the box in with some important papers I was storing away until 
I got back. I forgot I even had the pedal and found by accident decades later just 2 years ago. I used it for a month and no matter how I set it up it sounded like sh@t. Like a bad Fuzz with a thousand bees buzzing, LOL. I sold it for a very good price :-)
The layout is volume, gain, treble, bass a toggle for a choice of germanium silicon diodes and another toggle tighten the lows.
CONCLUSION
To my ears this does not sound like my HM-2. 
For one thing you don't have to hire a beekeeper  
to use it. In the germanium mode it is a killer 
Metal sound for many genres not just Doom and 
Trash. It is a fraction of what others sell you as 
a better HM-2 and those companies do not use 
the vintage NOS parts. Add to that it comes in 
a board friendly enclosure instead of a dog house.

No comments:

Post a Comment