Tuesday, November 24, 2020

OVERDRIVE- TONE CITY Lil Heat OD ....a Boss OD-1 ? ...Similar

$60.00 USD
 TONE CITY LIL HEAT OD 
Anderton's Music in conjunction with Tone City have a small line
of Tone City OD's made. There is one each for their demonstrators.
Another one the Lil Heat was made for Greg Koch.The overall 
sound is very similar to the old Boss OD-1  although I suspect it is a 
revoiced Tone City Sweet Tea which is meant to be a Vox AC30
Note I said 'meant' to be. I do find the Lil Heat voiced much better.
CONCLUSION
It does sound very good but better pedals in the entry level are
few but not so rare anymore. It can only be bought from 
Anderton's so shipping and even duties may be added in some 
countries. Still I quite like it. It is unusually full and rich and a 
great sound. It is not in your face so it is great for busy vocal 
accompaniment. But keep in mind I find the EQ and gain in
any Tone City very limited. In short what you hear on the video 
is what you get.
You might want to check out the Chicago Stompworks Blooze Drive
it is a very authentic Marshall Bluesbreaker replica. It's tones are in 
the ballpark with the 'Heat' and at $75.00 it is not much more to 
get that classic B.B. sound.


2 comments:

  1. Reminds me the LED clipping side on The Gristle King pedal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Gristle King but it never occurred to me. Cool!

    ReplyDelete